They’ve dropped their album early! Run The Jewels are for the people.
Run The Jewels have a reputation as one of the most politically active groups in hip hop and they’ve cemented that status with recent news on their newest album ‘RTJ 4′.
Killer Mike and El-P have decided their new album will be free of charge to download and in addition they have revealed any donations at the check out will go directly to The Mass Defense Committee.
The Mass Defense Committee is a network of lawyers, legal workers and law students providing legal support for political activists, protesters and movements for social change.
MDC members in chapters across the country provide trainings, assistance in setting up temporary legal offices and legal support structures, and materials for supporting activists engaged in mass protests.
It provides the legal help to progressive organisations in the form of:
- “Know your rights” trainings/workshops;
- Meetings with, and advice to, organisers about protest actions, and legal consequences;
- Legal Observers at protests and other actions;
- Help with setting up and running jail and bail support programs;
- Legal representation in case of protest arrests.
Click here to download the album and donate.