Easing of restrictions: No date for reopening cinemas, outdoor hospitality resumes June 2
The government has signed off on a plan to ease current COVID-19 restrictions. These include but are not limited to travel between counties, the reopening of personal services like hairdressers and outdoor meetings between households.
Find the breakdown below:
- Outdoor visits between two households
- outdoor gatherings of up to 15 people
- Intercounty (domestic) travel
- Bus and trains at 50 per cent capacity
- Click and collect starts
- Personal services such as hairdressers.
- Churches – up to 50 people
- Museums and galleries reopen but the expectation is that holding of events will not permitted at this stage
- adult sports training
- Weddings – up to 50 at ceremony, 6 indoor afters, 15 outdoor.
- hotels, B&bs reopen with indoor dining available for residents only.
Considered from June 7, depending on the situation
- indoor visits from one household
- outdoor hospitality, with no substantial meal rule or time limit (Pubs and restaurants will not be allowed to serve indoors until at least July.)
- gyms and pools reopen
- adult sports games, no fans
- 25 at wedding receptions
Considered from July 5, depending on situation
- Outdoor mass gatherings (including sports fans)
- Indoor team sports
- Workout classes
- Indoor hospitality
Elsewhere on District: Living hell 013: This should be illegal.