The country will be going into Level 5 lockdown restrictions for six weeks
According to The Irish Times, the country will be going into Level 5 lockdown restrictions this week. The restrictions are set to last for 6 weeks.
The government will be announcing the new restrictions at 21:00 this evening.
Under level 5 restrictions all non-essential retail will be closed, however, schools are understood to stay open.
These are the level 5 restrictions according to the current National Framework:
- No visitors to your home or family gatherings
- Only 6 people may attend a wedding
- No organised indoor or outdoor events allowed
- Individual sports training only
- No matches or sporting events
- Gyms, pools and leisure centres closed
- Only online religious services allowed, 10 people may attend a funeral
- Food services are delivery and takeaway only
- Hotels are open for essential services
- Only essential retail open
- All museums and other cultural venues are closed
- Only essential workers may attend work, everyone else must work from home
- Everyone must stay at home and exercise with 5km of their house
- Public transport capacity is 25%, avoid it if possible
- Schools and childcare will remain open depending on government recommendations
- Visiting to residential care homes is suspended